Monday 6 April 2015

7th Day in Azores


It has been a week since I came here and today was the first day I did not go on the water. Don't get me wrong it was windy. Kind of similar like yesterday just a touch stronger, gustier and 1.5m swell rolling in through the gates of the harbor. I decided to save myself for the competition. To be honest, most of the guys did the same,-  the conditions were not exactly perfect.
Thus after finishing the first draft of my uni essay (yep, I manage to find time for studying here) I went to the local wave spot. Which is just 10min walk down, inside the harbor. Two surfers were trying to get waves, while Ross, Janis and a few other guys were sailing on their formula boards just 50 meters away. 

Today we saw Miguel Martinho and Mateus Isaac join us in the tent. Thus, the fleet is getting fuller, probably tomorrow we will see last riders to come in. The start to the race is getting closer and closer and I am getting more and more excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment