Sunday 5 April 2015

6th Training Day in Azores

Guess what?
It was windy again. This place just keeps delivering sailable conditions every day. It was super gusty and super shifty again as yesterday, but still sailable. In the morning it was 4 to 15 knots increasing over the day to around 10 - 25 knots. In the morning the guys were choosing between 12s and 11s and in the afternoon between 11s and 10s.I was sailing on 10.7 and tried to test my fins. Unfortunately, after 6 months break I can barely feel the difference between fins. Nevertheless, I think I found quite a good downhaul setting for my sail - so I am happy about that.


However, after one of the runs I realized that my second from the bottom batten collapsed. So I decided to take a lunch break and fixed it afterwards. Thanks to Steve Allen who told me how to fix it. Basically, to prevent the front piece from coming into the tube even further just use electrical tape and super glue. Each layer of tape should be covered with super glue. By the way you can also use super glue to prevent blisters from footstraps. Later as I saw it is quite a bit stronger I decided to save my wrist from unnecessary tension and called it a day.
 

Janis and Gonzalo were very happy about that because it meant that I will go on the pier to take pictures. I think I should start charging them for my service haha. To be honest, Janis is letting me use his ELK fin and Gonzalo is helping me quite a bit with equipment tuning knowledge. I will count that as a payment I guess.


A lot of new guys showed up today: Alexander Cousin, Vincent Langer, Sebastian Kornum, Ross Williams, James Briggs and a few other guys that I forgot know (don't be upset if your name is not here, I really wanted to mention you).







No comments:

Post a Comment